Mission and Vision
Washington Alliance for Better Schools (WABS) is a collaborative of eleven school districts that leverages resources, talent and intellectual capital to help over a quarter million students graduate career and college ready.
Who We Are
WABS was formed in 1995 to assist its Puget Sound member school districts in their quest to improve academic achievement. Member districts include Edmonds, Everett, Highline, Kent, Lake Washington, Marysville, Mukilteo, Northshore, Renton, Seattle, and Shoreline. Our Board of Directors consists of member district superintendents, higher education faculty, and industry leaders.
What We Do
WABS helps member districts share resources, expertise and technical assistance as they strive to:
- Increase indicators of academic achievement and career readiness, particularly in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
- Build teachers’ skill and capacity to provide powerful learning opportunities for all students.
- Close the achievement and opportunity gaps associated with historically under-represented populations.
- Strengthen student and family engagement in education.
WABS also provides its members with:
- Opportunities to share research-based strategies, and to leverage resources, expertise, and support.
- Comprehensive school reform strategies to close the achievement gap.
- High-quality professional development and staff training.
- Designated networks for sharing results-based instruction and programs.
- Partnerships with community agencies to provide support services to schools and students.
- Leverage for a regional focus to improve public education.
WABS currently has an annual budget of $1.4 million and 30 part-time and full-time employees.
For more information on WABS, contact us at email@example.com