Washington Alliance for Better Schools (WABS) is a collaborative of twelve school districts that leverages resources, talent, and intellectual capital to help over a quarter million students graduate career and college ready.
Each and every student in our member school districts graduates with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a global economy.
Theory of Action
- Engaged Students: We work to close the opportunity gap by providing students with career connected learning experiences at all levels of their education to develop lifelong learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in school and beyond.
- Empowered Families: We equip families experiencing complex barriers to engaging in the education system with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to ensure they have a voice in their school communities, leading to partnerships for student success.
- Exceptional Teachers: We build teacher capacity to create high-quality learning experiences that embed 21st Century skills and authentic work-based problem solving in order to positively influence student access to postsecondary and career pathways.
- We ensure industry is deeply invested in our work to create authentic career connected learning experiences.
- Our work is intentionally designed with a ripple effect so each participant brings value to a wider community.
- We are committed to closing gaps in equity by tailoring our work to the needs of underserved students.
Additionally, our Board of Directors, District Coordinators, and WABS’ Corporate Advisory Council advise on how we can continue to work in close alignment with our rapidly growing industry partners, to better understand the needs, trends, and demands, particularly in STEM fields.
For more information on WABS, contact us at email@example.com